Saturday 30 March 2013

My first suicide attempt!!


I was 3 years old ,who always meddling with my things ,obviously a mischievous tiddler... :)

Since both my parents are working, my mom employed a nanny. I was cosseted by her during my mom's working hour. I usually keep her occupied with by toddling.

One fine day, my mom as usual started to the office, put on the vicks vaporub,
(Hope you guys know about vicks vaporub used as a remedy for cold and cough but It was a plaything for me in my childhood. My mom's family was so addicted to such stuffs like vicks, axe oil, tiger balm.. No matter what they possess in their bag, every one of them will surely own an analgetic like this and use it often.)

She placed it on the top of the shelf (so that i can't reach it) and left me to the baby sitter. During my mom’s absence, i started crying to the nanny "antha vicks dappa venum ;(". 

The nanny was affectionate to me(so, she can't see me crying) and so she closed the box tightly and gave it to me.. and She was engaged in some of her work while i was fiddling with my plaything in the living room.

 To ascertain that i am active, nanny would ping me at times as "bharu...bharathi...enna panra blah blah" from the other room. I was wont to reply her back "hmmm" in sweet baby voice :) That was there when the ping-pong method of messaging was invented by us:) 

Since i was so strong even in my childhood(namgellam appovey apadi), i opened the tightly closed box and started eating it( You can't expect a child to know that it was for external use only,condition apply*).

Later, The nanny pinged me "bharu bharu", but no one replied in the sweet voice. She came out and saw me unconscious, half way to the paradise with the toxicant forming a lather out in my mouth. (nurai thup-ping from my mouth he he he)

She was puzzled when she didn't know the reason. Then at once she found that it was due to intake of half box of vicks..
Immediately we visited the doctor and purged out the contents. From then, my parents coodle me with great care so that I don't go for another suicide attempt with detergent or paste he he he :) 
So that was my first attempt to suicide ( as an innocent kid.)

P.s: even now i used to taste a little vicks vaporub to know how it tasted me in childhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment